Have You Made a New Year's Resolution?
It’s a time honored tradition to make resolutions as we begin another year. Usually taking better care of your health is high on the resolution list - eating better, losing weight, more exercise, we know the drill! The fact of the matter is that very few people actually manage to make a permanent change to a healthier lifestyle. There are those who don’t need to make changes, because they are already doing all the things the rest of us know we should be doing!
We are in the business of “health care” and we encourage everyone to live a healthy lifestyle. The reality is at any given time there are patients here who have not made healthy choices and are now battling to regain their health. Many of our Associates are very health conscious, but there are some who are so busy taking care of other people that they don’t take the time to care for themselves.
So, I am challenging you (reader of this blog) to try and make just some small changes toward a healthier tomorrow. This is what I am planning to do (and I know it doesn’t seem like much, but every change matters):
· Eat a piece of fruit everyday (I HATE fruit – veggies I can do, but it is hard for me to eat fruit)
· Don’t go out to lunch as often. This is another hard one for me because I get stuck sitting at this desk. Just bring something to eat that is healthy, like a turkey sandwich or a low calorie frozen meal.
· Walk more. Now, I do have a desk job and those who are on their feet all day probably can’t face more time on them. But for me a little walking won’t hurt.
· See your doctor and get those needed screenings for your age. I can brag because I already did that and I feel very proud of myself for scheduling those appointments!
I know these are not huge steps, but they are what I am able to do RIGHT NOW. Maybe soon I will want to join a weight loss program or a fancy gym, but we only have the day we are currently in to do what we can do. Happy New Year, and I wish us all a healthier 2012!
I told my grandomtehr how you helped. She said, "bake them a cake!"
Great site!I have been doing Yoga for about two years now, and have never felt so happy in myself.I so much more relaxed, and feel 100% healthier sinse starting.I will definitely be visiting this site again to pick up some tips.Keep up the good work.
- Building for the Next 100 Years - Master Plan Update
- New 3D Mammography (Tomosynthesis)
- Our Doctors
- Stroke Information
- Emergency Department
- Robotic Surgery Center
- Maps / Directions
- In Touch with You Blog
- Need a copy of your Medical Records?
- Upcoming Events
- Donate to PVHMC
- Volunteer Services
- Physical Therapy
- Wound Care Center
- Publications / Southern California Clinicians Journal