Changes in appetite or nutritional requirements often accompany cancer treatment. A Registered Dietitian can provide information and individualize a proper diet plan. Proper nutrition enhances the effectiveness of treatment, speeds up recovery and contributes to vitality and independence. Your doctor will refer you to the Dietitian if Nutritional Services are deemed necessary. You can contact the dietary department at 909.865.9550.
Do You Need to See a Registered Dietitian?
Are you experiencing any of the following?
- Underweight or recent weight loss (greater than 5 pounds in 1 month or 10 pounds in 6 months)?
- Only drinking liquids and eating very little solid food
- Tube feeding or nutrition by vein
- Experiencing nausea, vomiting, diarrhea that is unresponsive to prescribed medication
- Feeding difficulties: chewing, swallowing, mouth sores that are unresponsive to prescribed medication. Overweight or poor eating habits and diagnosed with breast, colon or prostate cancer
Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center - 1798 N. Garey Avenue - Pomona, CA 91767 - (909) 865-9500 - Contact Us