Pulmonary Rehabilitation at PVHMC
Appointments & Information
While almost everyone can safely engage in exercise, deciding what’s “safe” needs to be individualized. This is where our pulmonary rehabilitation specialists in the Stead Cardiac and Wellness Center can help. We provide the one-on-one instruction that makes our program the only one of its kind in the area. Our therapists will help you adjust your level of exercise to your own needs, spend extra time educating you about your condition, and give you personalized feedback on performance and progress. The final result ... an improved quality of life.
What We're Hearing From Our Patients and Therapists
Who Will Benefit from Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
- Persistent asthma
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Obstructive/restrictive lung disease
- Lung transplant
About the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
- Pulse oximetry monitoring
- Resting oxygen saturation pre/post walk test
- Blood pressure checks
- Pulmonary function screen
- A 6-minute walk test (functional assessment to determine exercise prescription)
- Up to 36 sessions
About the Health & Wellness Program
The Health & Wellness Program is available to anyone in generally good health who would like to exercise in the Stead Cardiac & Wellness Center as a preventive measure to maintain good heart health. Those who have completed Pulmonary Rehab can also join allowing them to extend the benefits of their rehab program independently, but still exercise in a medically supervised environment. Program options include ...
- Cardiac Risk Stratification Assessment by a physician
- Ongoing monitoring of blood pressure, heart rate and cardiac/pulmonary risk factors
- Education and personal counseling on Risk Factor Reduction
- Individualized exercise prescription designed by physicians, medically trained exercise physiologists, physical therapists and nurses
- Orthopedic screening/consultation
- Supervision by medically trained exercise physiologists, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, and nurses
Location – Stead Cardiac & Wellness Center - For hours click here
Required – A written "Clearance to Participate" from a doctor. Click the PDF below to download this form.