Lynne Diamond, M.D.
- Dr. Diamond grew up in Southern California. She received her BA from Brandeis University and her medical degree from Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine. She did her internship at Harbor UCLA and her residency in family medicine at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio Texas. There she stayed and was in private family practice with a special interest in geriatrics for 19 years prior to returning to California in 2002. She holds ABFP Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) in both Geriatrics and Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine. Prior to becoming Program Director, she was Associate Program Director and Director of Geriatric Medicine.
Maili Dalla Tor, M.D.
Associate Program Director
- Dr. Dalla Tor is originally from Puerto Rico and grew up in Southern California. She is a graduate from UCLA and received her medical degree from the DREW/UCLA Medical Education Program. She completed her Family Medicine Residency at the Memorial Family Medicine Residency Program in Long Beach, CA. Prior to joining the faculty, as Associate Director, she was faculty and chair of the Clinical Competency Committee at the PIH Health Family Medicine residency program in Whittier, CA. Dr. Dalla Tor has a CAQ in Hospice and Palliative Medicine and has a special interest in medical education, pediatrics, women’s health, office procedures, geriatrics and end of life care.
Jessica Adkins, MD
Clinical Internist Educator
- Dr. Adkins was born and raised in Southern California. She obtained her BS in Civil Engineering at UC Irvine. She attended UC San Francisco for medical school, where she was in the San Francisco General Hospital track for the underserved. She then went on to complete internship and residency at UCLA. After that, she trained in Pulmonary & Critical Care at UCSF. She has a special interest in medical education and interstitial lung diseases. She joined the medical staff at PVHMC in April 2014.
Ryan Agena, D.O.
- Dr. Agena is a native of Hawaii and is a graduate of the University of California, San Diego. He received his medical degree from Western University of Health Sciences and completed his residency at PVHMC in 2008, where he served as chief resident. He joined the faculty after graduation and practices in Chino. Dr. Agena participates in our Sports Medicine Program.
Snezana Begovic, M.D.
Director of Obstetrics and Women's Health, Medical Director of FHC
- Dr. Begovic immigrated to the USA from Serbia where she obtained her medical degree from Belgrade University. She did a Post-Doctoral fellowship in Perinatal Biology at Loma Linda Medical School and her residency in Family Medicine followed by a Fellowship in Obstetrics at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center. She stayed as faculty until joining our residency in August, 2006. Dr.Begovic's special interests include women's health, obstetrics and medical research.
Allan D. Cabral, M.D.,
- Dr. Cabral is a native of the Philippines. He received his medical degree from the University of the Philippines in Manila, completed his family medicine residency at PVHMC in 2012, where he served as chief resident for 2 years and joined the faculty in 2013. Dr. Cabral developing his practice at the Family Health Center.
Douglas Chiriboga, M.D.
Faculty Physician - Director of Underserved Medicine Program
- Dr. Chiriboga is from East LA, is a graduate of Occidental College and received his medical degree from UCLA Geffen School of Medicine. He did his internship at USC Presbyterian Hospital and his family medicine residency at White Memorial Medical Center. He joined the faculty in 1997 and has an active practice at the FHC. Dr. Chiriboga's special interests include Geriatrics and care for the underserved.
Mike Deanda, M.D.
- Dr. Deanda grew up in Montebello, California and graduated from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. He received his medical degree from Keck USC School of Medicine and completed his family medicine residency at PVHMC in 2001. Following graduation he joined our faculty and has a thriving practice in Chino Hills. His special interest is occuptional medicine.
Lester Holstein, M.D.
- Dr. Holstein grew up in Southern California. He received his BA from Point Loma Nazarene College and his medical degree from Loma Linda School of Medicine. He completed his family medicine residency at Glendale Adventist Medical Center. Dr. Holstein has a large practice in Claremont and has been an active leader of PVHMC since 1996.
Keith Kusunis, M.D.
- Dr. Kusunis is originally from Joliet, Illinois. He is a graduate of the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana and received his medical degree from the University Of Illinois College Of Medicine. He completed his residency at Resurrection Hospital in Chicago, where he was chief resident. He has served as chief of the medical staff at PVHMC and has a thriving practice at the FHC. He joined the faculty in 1998. Dr. Kusunis has a Certificate of Added Qualifications in Geriatrics and a special interest in contraception, women's health and office procedures.
Curtis Lin, Dr.P.H
Director of Research & Community Medicine
- Dr. Lin teaches community medicine, practice management, public health education and promotion and epidemiology. He completed his undergrad work at UC Berkeley and received his doctorate from the University of Texas School Of Public Health in Houston. Dr. Lin has worked in both private and academic sectors and has been actively involved in working with non-profit organizations on issues related to vulnerable populations. He was instrumental in setting up our mobile clinic. Dr. Lin joined our faculty in 2000.
Darlene McPherson, FNP/Ph.D.
Director of Operations
- University of San Diego, Hahn School of NursingCalifornia State University, Dominguez Hills
- Pomona Valley Medical Center
- Medical School:
- Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
- Undergraduate School:
- UC Irvine
Erik Olsen, M.D.
Director of IT Support for the Faculty Medical Group
- Dr. Olsen is a California native who completed his undergraduate degree at UC Riverside and his medical degree at the Medical College of Ohio. He has a MS in Biochemistry from Medical Collage of Ohio. He completed his residency in family medicine at PVHMC, where he was chief resident and joined the faculty after graduation in 2007. Dr. Olsen has a special interest in OB and Sports Medicine.
Anna Pavlov, Ph.D.
Director of Behavioral and Addiction Medicine
- Dr. Pavlov is a graduate of UCLA and received her doctorate from the California School of Professional Psychology. Prior to joining the program in 1998, she was the Associate Director of Behavioral Science for the Family Practice Residency Program at St Genesys Regional Medical Center in Flint, Michigan, Michigan State University School of Medicine. Dr. Pavlov has a special interest in resident and physician wellness.
Sula Safar, D.O.
- Dr. Safar is a native of Southern California and received her undergraduate degree from Cal State Fullerton and her medical degree from Western University. After completing her residency at PVHMC in 2011, she joined the faculty group. Dr. Safar has a special interest in Women's Health.
Katherine Schlaerth, M.D.
Director of Pediatrics Curriculum
- Dr. Schlaerth is a native of Pennsylvania. She graduated from Manhattan College and received her medical degree from the State University of New York, Buffalo. Dr. Schlaerth completed her pediatrics residency at LA Children's Hospital and an Infectious disease fellowship at LAC-USC Medical Center. She is board certified in pediatrics, pediatric infectious diseases, family medicine and has a Certificate Added Qualifications in Geriatrics. Dr. Schlaerth was an associate professor at Loma Linda and is an associate professor emeritus at USC. She has a special interest in research and has published in addiction medicine, child development and other areas.
Duane Styles, M.D.
Director of Sports Medicine Program
- Dr. Styles is a native of Canada, graduated from the University of Alberta and completed his residency in family medicine at Calgary General Hospital. As a member of the medical staff of PVHMC since 1977, he has held numerous medical appointments including chief of staff. Dr. Styles is active in the community as team doctor for a local high school's athletics department and he has Certificate Added Qualifications in Sports Medicine.
M. Christina Tolentino, M.D.
Director of Inpatient Family Medicine Service
- Dr. Tolentino is a native of Southern California, received her BS from UC Riverside and her medical degree from Western University. She has a MS in Medical Science from Drexel University. After completing her residency in 2010, where she served as chief resident, she joined the faculty group. Dr. Tolentino has a special interest in Women's Health and medical education.
M. Leticia Valadez, M.D.
- Dr. Valadez grew up in Fullerton, California, received her BS from Stanford University, and her medical degree from UC Davis. She joined the faculty group in 2002 after completing her residency at PVHMC. Dr. Valadez helped develop the Women's Track and is dedicated to the underserved and community teaching.
Libia Wohlert, M.D.
- Dr Wohlert emigrated from Venezuela where she graduated from Universidad Centro-Occidental Lissandro Alvarado. She joined the medical group following her graduation from PVHMC family medicine program in 2008. Dr. Wohlert has a special interest in OB and women's health.
Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center - 1798 N. Garey Avenue - Pomona, CA 91767 - (909) 865-9500 - Contact Us