About Total Joint Program
Our Mission Statement
The mission of PVHMC’s Dedicated Total Joint Program is to provide compassionate, innovative, expedited, high-quality and cost-effective care to the residents of the greater Pomona Valley.
Our Vision Statement
The vision of PVHMC’s dedicated Total Joint Program is to be the region’s most respected and recognized leader in joint replacement surgery.
Our Multidisciplinary Team of Experts
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- Primary Care Physicians
- Orthopedic Nurse Practitioner
- Orthopedic Clinical Coordinator
- Registered Nurses
- Physical and Occupational Therapists
- Case Managers / Social Workers
- Quality Management
- Respiratory Therapy
Your Orthopedic Nurse Practitioner will:
- Follow you throughout your stay in the Hospital.
- Oversee the physician orders and expedite your care as needed.
- Work closely with the entire medical team to get you home as soon as you are able.
Your Orthopedic Clinical Coordinator will:
- Teach you about what to expect when you attend the “Total Joint Preparation Class.”
- Teach you about how to prevent a surgical site infection.
- Will call you after you are home to follow-up with you.
Your Physical and Occupational Therapy Team will:
- Develop a treatment plan to address each patient’s individual needs:
- Exercises for strength and flexibility
- Gait and transfer training
- Stair training, if needed
- Activities of daily living
- Patient, family and caregiver education
Your Case Management Team will:
- Coordinate after-hospital equipment and services based on:
- Your progress
- Your insurance coverage
- Your physician’s orders
Most insurance plans cover joint replacement surgery, but you should check with your health plan to determine the extent of your coverage.