Family Medicine Residency Program Highlights / Benefits
Program Highlights and Benefits
- Large 452-bed community single residency medical center
- Cardiac Center
- Primary Stroke Center
- Heart Attack (STEMI) Receiving Center
- Newly designated, Level II Trauma Center for Los Angeles County
- 72-bed Emergency Department, Adult- and Pediatrics-certified
- Second largest number of deliveries in California, greater than 7,000/year
- 53-bed, Level III Regional NICU
- Tertiary Care Obstetricians
- Perinatology, Pediatrics Unit
- Maternal-Fetal Transport Services
- All in-patient rotations at PVHMC
- All rotations are local
- Affordable housing
- Multicultural community
Pomona is near the Claremont colleges, 30 miles from the center of Los Angeles and Southern California attractions, with close proximity to beaches, mountains, deserts, sports venues, concert halls, amusement parks, and cultural events, including theater, dance and museums.
- 3 weeks paid vacation per academic year
- PGY2 and PGY3 residents have an elective week for educational conferences with stipend
- PGY1 residents given a $250 allowance for educational materials
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life, disability and retirement benefits offered by PVHMC
- Hospital cafeteria meals cost free during training
- Hospital issued iPhone
- Parking is provided free of charge
Membership is open to all associates of PVHMC and immediate family. In addition to a variety of loan programs, members of the credit union are eligible for discounts at local amusement parks and car dealerships.
Health Care Spending Account Option
The health care spending account lets you set aside dollars from your pay, tax-free, to use for some expenses not paid through your medical, dental or vision plans. The account helps budget for out-of-pocket health care expenses in advance.
A night float system is utilized to eliminate most overnight call on weekdays. Private, comfortable and secure call rooms are available for overnight duty.
Our residents are integral to the recruitment and selection of each incoming class. Resident participation is also crucial in the interviewing and selection of potential faculty.
Post Graduate Employment
Post training employment opportunities are available within Premier Family Medicine group and the Pomona Valley Hospital system. These include, but not limited to the PVHMC family medicine residency program, PVHMC hospitalist group, outpatient practice and urgent care.