Pediatric Services Unit
The pediatric services unit provides diagnostic and treatment services for a variety of medical conditions, including:
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Infectious diseases
- Orthopedic disorders and injuries
- Respiratory diseases
- Sleep disorders
A unit inclusive pediatric day surgery area is also available for youngsters in need of surgical treatment.
Pediatric Unit Visiting Guidelines
Parents, (foster parent) may visit pediatric services at any time.
- One parent, or parent substitute (grandparent, foster parent, designated adult relative) may spend the night at the bedside.
- One parent, or parent substitute must be present when visitors are present.
- Siblings may visit for two hours per day during general visiting hours.
- Siblings will not be allowed to visit patient in isolation.
- Siblings and visitors will be screened for signs and symptoms of illness, or exposure to communicable disease within the last 2 weeks.
- All visitors must identify themselves and sign in before visiting.
- Siblings and children may not be left unattended in the playroom, waiting room, or hospital lobby
For more information on the Pediatric Unit or Pediatric Surgery at PVHMC, please call 909.865.9858.