The Perinatal Center at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center offers comprehensive services for the diagnosis and evaluation of conditions or complications of pregnancy. Using the most advanced diagnostic and imaging technologies available, a team of specially trained Perinatologists, nurses, and genetics experts provide timely and accurate evaluation, and life-saving intervention with compassion and care.
Our state-of-the-art Perinatal diagnostic and imaging services include:
- Amniocentesis: A small sample of the amniotic fluid surrounding the baby is tested to identify disorders and provide vital information before birth.
- Ultrasound: Harmless sound waves are directed into the womb and a computer image of the fetus is generated to determine fetal age, size, position, heart rate and more.
- Non-Stress Test (NST): Determines the transfer of oxygen and other nutrients to the growing baby providing critical information about the baby's heart rate.
- Amniotic Fluid Index (AFI): A measurement of the amniotic fluid surrounding the baby determined by ultrasound.
- Biophysical Profile (BPP): An assessment of the baby's condition and development using the results of AFI, ultrasound and NST.
- Percutaneous Umbilical Blood Sampling (PUBS): A small sample of blood is removed from the umbilical cord to identify genetic or blood disorders and fetal injury.
- Genetic Counseling: Genetic counseling is available to anyone who is concerned about being at increased risk of having a baby with a birth defect or inherited disorder. Our genetic counselor works closely with patients and their families to gather, review and discuss the genetic findings, and help them make decisions about available testing.
For more information about services, please call the Perinatal Center at 909.865.9705.