We Are Here to Take Care of You
Having a baby is one of life’s most memorable experiences. You can
feel confident in knowing that at the Women’s Center at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center, one of the region’s premier
medical centers, our outstanding doctors and caring nurses and staff have
met the expectations of parents for more than 100 years with excellent
maternity care. With more than 5,000 babies born here each year, we are
dedicated to providing a meaningful, fulfilling family experience. Learn
more about our birthing services, breastfeeding resources,
maternal transport services and more.
Diabetes is a complication for 7 to 14 percent of pregnant women. Pomona
Valley Hospital Medical Center’s Sweet Success Program has been
a California Diabetes and Pregnancy Program (CDAPP) affiliate for more
than 20 years.
Our program is comprised of an experienced team of healthcare professionals.
We work with pregnant women with diabetes (Type 1 or 2) or gestational
diabetes, helping them manage their condition and improve their pregnancy outcomes.
Our program is for you if:
- You have diabetes and want to become pregnant, or
- You have diabetes and are already pregnant, or
- You have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes during pregnancy
Access to our program is by physician referral only.
- Complications in women with diabetes may include:
- Macrosomia (larger than average newborn)
- Increased risk of infant death
- Increased risk of newborn admission to Neonatal Intensive Care for control
of blood sugars
- Potential birth defects
We can help.
Our goal is to improve outcomes for high-risk pregnant women who have
diabetes or who have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. We also
help women with nutrition education and guidance throughout their pregnancy.
What type of services can I expect from this
- Education for women who are pregnant and with preexisting diabetes or gestational diabetes
- Dietary counseling
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Medication/Insulin education
How long can I remain in the program?
- The entire length of your pregnancy and up to six weeks after you deliver
Is there a charge to participate in the program?
- Most insurance carriers will cover program charges
Contact Us Today
We are here to help you through the exciting and challenging days ahead
as you prepare for your big day. Please be sure to call us at
909.865.9858 with any questions you may have regarding our Maternity Services at Pomona
Valley Hospital Medical Center.