Welcome to PVHMC
Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center (PVHMC) is a 437-bed, fully accredited, acute care hospital serving eastern Los Angeles and western San Bernardino counties.
The nationally recognized, not-for-profit Hospital is home to four Centers of Excellence: The Robert and Beverly Lewis Family Cancer Care Center, Stead Heart and Vascular Center, Women's & Children's Center, and Regional Kidney Stone Center, and offers a full-service Emergency Department, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Perinatal Center. Specialized services include sleep disorder diagnosis and treatment, robotic surgery, and the Family Medicine Residency Program, in affiliation with the University of California, Los Angeles.
The new Robert and Beverly Lewis Outpatient Pavilion houses an outpatient surgery center and rehabilitation services center. The outpatient surgery center has five outpatient surgical suites with state-of-the-art technology. The Charles M. Magistro Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Center has the latest evaluation and exercise equipment, including telemetry treadmills and neurological suspension devices, as well as diagnostic programs and integrated technologies and software systems.
PVHMC also provides a wide range of other outpatient services such as urgent care, radiology, including 3D mammography, and occupational health to the surrounding cities of Pomona, Chino, Chino Hills, Claremont, Eastvale, Corona, Diamond Bar, Walnut, Ontario, Riverside, San Bernardino and eastern Los Angeles counties.
The Hospital boasts a wide range of awards and certifications, including but not limited to:
- Prestigios Baby-Friendly designation (Baby-Friendly USA, 2014)
- One of only four hospitals in California to receive Outstanding Patient Experience Award for five consecutive years (Healthgrades)
- One of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Interventions (2015), Cardiac Care (2015) and Cardiac Surgery (2014) (Healthgrades)
- Only hospital in Southern California to achieve the 2015 Specialty Excellence Awards in Cardiac Surgery, Coronary Intervention and Overall Heart Care (Healthgrades) Primary Stroke Center Certification
- Gold Seal of Approval™ for certification as a Primary Stroke Center for Los Angeles County
- Get With The Guidelines®–Stroke Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award (American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, 2014)
- One of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures for excellence in heart attack, heart failure and pneumonia care (The Joint Commission, 2013)
- Recognized as a 50 Top Cardio Vascular Hospital and four-time recipient of the 100 Top Hospitals in the nation during the past 16 years (Thomson Reuters, 2011)